Watch this video for advice from Matt Cutts of Google on guest blogging. Currently this tends to be one of the is the favourite activities of webmasters for link acquisition and as a result lots of spammy activities tend to follow like article spinning. read more
WHAT GOOGLE SAYS ABOUT SEARCH RESULTS
Google helps you find personal results that are relevant to you. With a single Google search, you can see regular search results, along with all sorts of results that are tailored to you — pages shared with you by your friends, Google+ posts from people you know, and content that’s only visible to you (like private photos from Google+ and Picasa albums). Personal results are part of Search plus Your World , Google’s search experience that blends personal results with universal results, and helps you connect with people you care about.read more
Google once again is on the hunt for sites that have not followed SEO recommendations. Rand Fishkin of SEO Moz shares White board Friday "6 Changes Every SEO Should Make BEFORE the Over-Optimization Penalty Hits" read more
Presentation worthwhile if you are managing your website SEO. read more
Here is an example of buried content that's not ranking. In this example e have a Q&A section with 10 questions per page. The oldest questions, which are some of the best, are buried on the 4th or 5th page and are not showing up in searches. Matt Cutts from Google explains how to best structure content so Google Bot can index the pages. read more
If you have ever wondered how Google works out how to rank your web page, this info graphic from ppcblog.com tells the numerous ways in which your web page has its content analyzed and ranked. It also highlights the need for us to be not only building nice clean code and ensuring each and every web page is optimised (SEO), that we are blogging, using social media, building inbound links, and more! Google uses over 100 signals to rank a single web page. read more
What is the best way to check your own site for keyword rankings, e.g if I wanted to target a new phrase and wanted to check the progress of its ranking - what is the best way to check it? Should I just search Google and scroll through the results? read more
- Best Reads and Tips August 2017
- Best digital reads and tips for July 2017
- Best digital reads and tips for June 2017
- SSL for Business Catalyst websites
- Best digital development tips we've found for May 2017
- Moving your site to https://
- Local Citations for your business
- Free email signature template
- How Google Search works
- Images for your website or social media
- Link building strategies
- What are the best times to post on social media?
- Show Hide Script for HTML
- Where should I purchase a domain name from?
- A Secret Backdoor For Top Rankings in Google
- Choosing a responsive or mobile design for your website
- SEO Checklist for new websites - DIY guide
- Blogging regularly for your website
- Spammy guest blogging
- Geeky tools to help with Registrar, DNS and IP's
- Google Personaling your search results
- Have you over optimised web pages?
- Adobe Acrobat showing thick "L" and "I" characters
- Google Panada What Update?