In today's electronic world, we're all publishers – Facebook, Tumblr and Pinterest are some of our biggest free publishing platforms where anyone who’s connected can share text, photos and video. Whether you're an individual or a business on the web, if you want to attract traffic to your website, blog or social media today, you’ll need to be a publisher or what is often called an 'inbound marketer'. If you’re really good as an inbound marketer, your content will help you get found online, build trust and educate your readers and lead them into your website. read more
Watch this video for advice from Matt Cutts of Google on guest blogging. Currently this tends to be one of the is the favourite activities of webmasters for link acquisition and as a result lots of spammy activities tend to follow like article spinning. read more
If you have pondered the thought of whether to use inbound marketing strategies, if you think that you cannot afford it, or you don't have time, this article shows some reasons to reconsider. Most of us don't realise it, but we have become very good at blocking out traditional marketing methods - television, radio, print advertising, direct mail, email blasts. Traditional "outbound" marketing where a message is pushed out is becoming less effective. The internet has reshaped the dynamics of the way we do business. Through search engines, blogsphere and social media sites, provides quick and easy ways for consumers to shop. Most consumers start their purchasing process for products and services they want to use via the internet.
Read more from HubSpot - "Three Excuses NOT to Start Using Inbound Marketing" read more
A common question that comes from many of my clients - "Why should I blog?" and "What on earth is a blog?". read more
- Best Reads and Tips August 2017
- Best digital reads and tips for July 2017
- Best digital reads and tips for June 2017
- SSL for Business Catalyst websites
- Best digital development tips we've found for May 2017
- Moving your site to https://
- Local Citations for your business
- Free email signature template
- How Google Search works
- Images for your website or social media
- Link building strategies
- What are the best times to post on social media?
- Show Hide Script for HTML
- Where should I purchase a domain name from?
- A Secret Backdoor For Top Rankings in Google
- Choosing a responsive or mobile design for your website
- SEO Checklist for new websites - DIY guide
- Blogging regularly for your website
- Spammy guest blogging
- Geeky tools to help with Registrar, DNS and IP's
- Google Personaling your search results
- Have you over optimised web pages?
- Adobe Acrobat showing thick "L" and "I" characters
- Google Panada What Update?