Google Webmaster Tools has this vast list to links to tools that generate or maintain files in the XML Sitemaps format, an open standard defined on sitemaps.org and supported by the search engines such as Ask, Google, Microsoft Live Search and Yahoo!. read more
Presentation worthwhile if you are managing your website SEO. read more
If you have ever wondered how Google works out how to rank your web page, this info graphic from ppcblog.com tells the numerous ways in which your web page has its content analyzed and ranked. It also highlights the need for us to be not only building nice clean code and ensuring each and every web page is optimised (SEO), that we are blogging, using social media, building inbound links, and more! Google uses over 100 signals to rank a single web page. read more
What is the best way to check your own site for keyword rankings, e.g if I wanted to target a new phrase and wanted to check the progress of its ranking - what is the best way to check it? Should I just search Google and scroll through the results? read more
People keep coming back to visit your website because they want to see/watch/read new content, other sites link to yours because the content is compelling. You rise up search engine rankings, new people visit and so the upward spiral goes. Most people say to .... "But it's just too hard to keep publishing new high quality content". Try these easy pointers to give you a few ideas for publishing great content and keep those visitor interested -
• Keep your content brief and concise
When writing for the web, the tip is to be concise, "web smart" your writing. As a general guide, write about half as much as your would for a standard print publication. Be unique and write remarkable and compelling content.
• Wite Product Reviews
If you have an online store, write a new short objective product review on your most popular prouduct sold this week.
• Customer Interviews, Customer Comments
You've got somebody that loves your product or services and wants to repay you in some way other than just monetarily? Interview them and publish it on your site. This can be as customer comments, video interviews, or customer testimonials.
• Excerpts and Links
Create links and excerpts to other sites' articles relevant to your visitors. The web is a never ending resource of information. Use it to your power - AND always credit or link back to the author or site. Don't rip off others for their hard work!
Write your own articles offering your own industry expertise on certain topics e.g if you're a Conveyancer you'd want to write a guide to buying and selling real estate.
Write relevant content about industry related news, your new products, services, changes to your company including achievements, milestones etc. These types of content deserve great positioning in the form of announcements on your website.
• Visitor Generated Content
Forums are a way to encouraging your customers to post questions. But you need to be able to answer answer your customers, moderate the forum and post new forum articles. This quickly build interest in your site. read more
- Best Reads and Tips August 2017
- Best digital reads and tips for July 2017
- Best digital reads and tips for June 2017
- SSL for Business Catalyst websites
- Best digital development tips we've found for May 2017
- Moving your site to https://
- Local Citations for your business
- Free email signature template
- How Google Search works
- Images for your website or social media
- Link building strategies
- What are the best times to post on social media?
- Show Hide Script for HTML
- Where should I purchase a domain name from?
- A Secret Backdoor For Top Rankings in Google
- Choosing a responsive or mobile design for your website
- SEO Checklist for new websites - DIY guide
- Blogging regularly for your website
- Spammy guest blogging
- Geeky tools to help with Registrar, DNS and IP's
- Google Personaling your search results
- Have you over optimised web pages?
- Adobe Acrobat showing thick "L" and "I" characters
- Google Panada What Update?