Quick Tips : Keeping your Visitors
Megan Bennett - Saturday, July 24, 2010
People keep coming back to visit your website because they want to see/watch/read new content, other sites link to yours because the content is compelling. You rise up search engine rankings, new people visit and so the upward spiral goes. Most people say to .... "But it's just too hard to keep publishing new high quality content". Try these easy pointers to give you a few ideas for publishing great content and keep those visitor interested -
• Keep your content brief and concise
When writing for the web, the tip is to be concise, "web smart" your writing. As a general guide, write about half as much as your would for a standard print publication. Be unique and write remarkable and compelling content.
• Wite Product Reviews
If you have an online store, write a new short objective product review on your most popular prouduct sold this week.
• Customer Interviews, Customer Comments
You've got somebody that loves your product or services and wants to repay you in some way other than just monetarily? Interview them and publish it on your site. This can be as customer comments, video interviews, or customer testimonials.
• Excerpts and Links
Create links and excerpts to other sites' articles relevant to your visitors. The web is a never ending resource of information. Use it to your power - AND always credit or link back to the author or site. Don't rip off others for their hard work!
Write your own articles offering your own industry expertise on certain topics e.g if you're a Conveyancer you'd want to write a guide to buying and selling real estate.
Write relevant content about industry related news, your new products, services, changes to your company including achievements, milestones etc. These types of content deserve great positioning in the form of announcements on your website.
• Visitor Generated Content
Forums are a way to encouraging your customers to post questions. But you need to be able to answer answer your customers, moderate the forum and post new forum articles. This quickly build interest in your site.
• Social Media & Blogs
Love it or hate it, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Linked In to name just a few) are now a major way in which people are communicating on the web. Social media is like a business networking reception without the constraints of time and space.
• Be active with Facebook and Twitter accounts
• Email campaign telling people to Follow AA on Facebook and Twitter Banner Advertising
• Participation in Blogs, or Newsgroups
• Advertising in Media
• Press Release about website
• Ads in local paper
• Articles and Ads in Health Magazines and Publications
• Banner advertising with other sites/suppliers other health associated sites & blogs
• Yellow Pages
• Yellow Pages on line
• Yellow Pages linked to website (this is an extra charge)
• Free Yellow Pages listing
• About your clients/customers
• Is data/email collected from patients at FBL?
• Give patients advice on the store and suggest email sign up
• Is there a placeholder in the consultation rooms showing FBL is linked to AA showing web site addresses?
• Web Address
• Clear branding with pink and blue theme, round circle
• Web address promotion on cars, business cards, stationery, email signatures, corporate clothing, t-shirts, balloons
• Packaging – is url clearly promoted on all packaging, feature on boxes for example
• Links to your suppliers and from suppliers back to AA
• Email Campaigns
• Place sign-up links on your e-mail signature.
• Ask people whom you meet face-to-face to share their e-mail addresses.
• Place a guest book on your counter or desk.
• Ask people to join when you exchange business cards.
• Collect e-mail addresses at trade shows and events.
• Collect e-mail addresses from people who call you.
• Offer an incentive — such as a discount, one off coupon — to join your e-mail list.
• Share your sign-up link with non-competing businesses.
• Pay someone to collect e-mail addresses in person.
• Ask people to forward your sign-up link to friends and colleagues.
• Ask for an e-mail address and permission in online shopping forms.
• Include a sign-up URL in your marketing.
• Include a link to your sign-up form in your online advertising.